- Honouring the legacy of the late Dr. Henry Morgentaler
- Youth take back their future in this year’s Roots Rhymes and Resistance
- Youth and young workers prepare to confront current manifestations of globalization’s neoliberal agenda in Canada at upcoming conference
- Cosmetic reforms to the Temporary Foreign Workers Program a disservice to all workers in Canada
- Wage the working class struggle: Onwards with the fight against neoliberalism
- Filipino janitorial and maintenance workers triumph over deportation threat in Halifax
- Conference Announcement: “Making the Youth Count in Canada’s Future: The Struggle of Young Workers in the Age of Austerity and Neoliberal Globalization”
- Harper government’s scapegoating of RBC: a futile attempt at washing their hands clean of anti-worker agenda
- Film Screening: “My Folks: Building a Home in Canada”
- 2013 federal budget takes sacrificial approach in economic development at the expense of human development
For immediate release
Toronto, ON—The Congress of Progressive Filipino Canadians (CPFC) and its allies call on everyone to participate at the “Workers’ Struggles Amidst Neoliberal Globalization” national conference to be held on August 11th and 12th at the United Steelworkers Hall in Toronto. The conference will take place amidst the backdrop of the current capitalist crisis, at a time when workers faced all-out attacks on their lives and communities, expressed through draconian austerity measures, on-going cutbacks to essential public services and the incessant push to make work more temporary and to drive wages down.
The heightening exploitation brought upon the capitalist crisis provides a fertile ground upon which to build solidarity and heighten our collective resistance as workers against capitalism’s all-out attacks on working peoples in Canada and beyond.
“Workers’ Struggles amidst Neoliberal Globalization”
REGISTER NOW: http://bit.ly/workersconference