- Youth and young workers prepare to confront current manifestations of globalization’s neoliberal agenda in Canada at upcoming conference
- Cosmetic reforms to the Temporary Foreign Workers Program a disservice to all workers in Canada
- Wage the working class struggle: Onwards with the fight against neoliberalism
- Filipino janitorial and maintenance workers triumph over deportation threat in Halifax
- Conference Announcement: “Making the Youth Count in Canada’s Future: The Struggle of Young Workers in the Age of Austerity and Neoliberal Globalization”
- Harper government’s scapegoating of RBC: a futile attempt at washing their hands clean of anti-worker agenda
- Film Screening: “My Folks: Building a Home in Canada”
- 2013 federal budget takes sacrificial approach in economic development at the expense of human development
- End violence against women, justice for Rehtaeh Parsons!
- Struggle for environmental protection and regeneration: youth in solidarity from Ontario to Bataan
For immediate release
Toronto, ON—With the incessant push of neoliberal policies onto the lives and conditions of working peoples throughout the world, a historic national conference organized by the Counterspin secretariat (Congress of Progressive Filipino Canadians and allies) invites everyone to examine both the implications of such measures on their current realities and their role in paving transformative avenues for social change. The conference, titled “Workers’ Struggles Amidst Neoliberal Globalization,” calls on everyone to transform crisis into opportunity by advancing their full entitlement as members of the working class who are fundamental contributors to society. Through the two-day nation-wide gathering in Toronto, Canada, this conference hopes to provide all with an understanding of workers’ historic gains and current progressive potential with the goal of mounting an all-encompassing response necessary in the face of the relentless rolling-out of the neoliberal agenda.
As all-around impacts of neoliberal globalization attempts to permeate all aspects of our current social reality, it is evident in the everyday lives of working peoples that significant tolls have been made for the sake of profit-oriented measures. “Workers’ Struggles Amidst Neoliberal Globalization” will be an opportunity to build a sustained and concerted response based on an understanding of the history and strength of the working class. Rather than simply waiting for eventual resolutions, accepting short-term compromises or simply conceding to a future of continued austerity, instability and insecurity, this conference is standing invitation for everyone to participate in creating viable solutions and genuine alternatives based not on unbridled accumulation, but on people’s own needs and priorities as the greatest measure of future change.
“Workers’ Struggles Amidst Neoliberal Globalization”
REGISTER NOW: http://bit.ly/workersconference