- Youth and young workers prepare to confront current manifestations of globalization’s neoliberal agenda in Canada at upcoming conference
- Cosmetic reforms to the Temporary Foreign Workers Program a disservice to all workers in Canada
- Wage the working class struggle: Onwards with the fight against neoliberalism
- Filipino janitorial and maintenance workers triumph over deportation threat in Halifax
- Conference Announcement: “Making the Youth Count in Canada’s Future: The Struggle of Young Workers in the Age of Austerity and Neoliberal Globalization”
- Harper government’s scapegoating of RBC: a futile attempt at washing their hands clean of anti-worker agenda
- Film Screening: “My Folks: Building a Home in Canada”
- 2013 federal budget takes sacrificial approach in economic development at the expense of human development
- End violence against women, justice for Rehtaeh Parsons!
- Struggle for environmental protection and regeneration: youth in solidarity from Ontario to Bataan
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Magkaisa Centre! It is through the hardwork, dedication and the commitment of our volunteers over the past years that keeps the Centre operating and expanding. Unlike other non-profit organizations, MKC is a space where all can collectively learn and build capacity. It is part of our commitment as a community centre to build and strengthen our organizations through giving our members and volunteers not only an opportunity to contribute in any way they can, but to also learn and develop new skills to the service of the Filipino community.
Volunteering can range from assisting with the day-to-day administrative tasks, creating art pieces, participating in focus groups to co-coordinating events and conferences.
What do we do?
Educate! Through activity-based workshops, focus groups, film screenings and discussion, we collectively learn from our community’s experiences and histories.
Organize! Our three organizations are part of a the national networks National Alliance of Philippine Women in Canada (NAPWC), SIKLAB-Canada, and UKPC/FCYA-National. We are expanding to various schools and local neighbourhoods, and building alliance with other organizations.
Mobilize! We move to address our issues towards our community’s empowerment and genuine development through community mobilizations, public policy engagement, research projects and art & cultural productions.
Feel free to contact the Magkaisa Centre and depending on your skills and interests, there might be a volunteer position available just for you!